The Cabin strives to celebrate and inspire a love of words throughout the communities we serve. Support from our dedicated interns is essential to our success. Interns receive on-the-job training and experience working as a part of the vibrant literary arts community in Idaho. Cabin interns are unpaid but are eligible to earn university credit.
Cabin interns assist with the day-to-day projects that are essential to the operation of our organization. You’ll get experience with what it’s like to work at a small arts nonprofit, including marketing, administration, and the planning and execution of events and education programs. Most importantly, you’ll work at the Cabin’s front desk acting as first point of contact for patrons and visitors and learn communication and visitor service skills that are vital to the operation of a non-profit.
This is the perfect internship for someone wanting experience in nonprofit management
Reports to: Patron Services Coordinator
Hours: 15 hours/week, based on intern availability, February – May
- Welcome guests and answer questions for visitors
- Answer phones to assist guests with questions, registrations, and event ticket sales
- Support The Cabin’s development and marketing efforts, including membership mailings, email newsletters, updating community calendars and social media.
- Help manage student classroom anthologies and other publications, including copy-editing, layout, and printing
- Assist the staff at Cabin events like Readings & Conversations, Storyfort, and author receptions. Duties include set-up, visitor services, and take down
- Help maintain Cabin facilities
- Learn and use popular database and ticketing system Ovationtix
- Assist program manager with the planning of summer writing camps
We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org