• Author must be a legal resident of Idaho.
• Author must be 18 years of age on or before the submission deadline
• Poems and stories must be new creative works and not previously published in any form. Simultaneous submissions are accepted if we are notified immediately upon acceptance elsewhere. The Cabin does not retain copyright for selected work.
• Poems and stories must apply, abstractly or literally, to the theme
• We accept fiction, nonfiction, creative nonfiction, or poetry.
• Entries must be no longer than 1,500 words, not including title.
• Photos, images or illustrations should NOT be included in your submission.
• Submissions must be typed, Times New Roman, 12 pt., double-spaced for prose.
• Entries are limited to 3 poems or stories per author, attached individually in three different documents. Each poem or story will be considered separately for publication.
• Entry fee: $15 per author or $10 for current Cabin members. One entry fee per author.
• Submissions must be received before the deadline.
• Please submit online through The Cabin’s SUBMITTABLE account.
• Up to 3 separate works are allowed per author attached in three different documents. Please wait to submit until edits to all three pieces are final.
• No personal information such as name, address, and phone number should be included on the manuscript to allow for blind judging.
• Online submissions are STRONGLY encouraged. And good news! Submittable is really easy.
Authors will be notified by email as to whether or not their work was chosen for inclusion in the anthology four months after deadline date – usually end of June or beginning of July. Questions? Call (208) 331-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org