July 22nd – 26th
Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 12 PM
Grades 5 – 6
at The Cabin
801 S Capitol Blvd, Boise
$147 for Cabin members (learn more about Cabin membership here) – $177 everyone else
The right tools to help you write work you love.
Discover how art, music, and nature inform a writer’s imagination. Learn to write short stories and poems that express your vision of the world. With an experienced teaching-writer from The Cabin as your guide, you’ll find inspiration in the park and the Boise Art Museum, and you’ll create original writing using the craft tools needed to write well.
Things to Know When Registering:
- Your camp purchase includes an anthology featuring writing from your camper! This will be mailed to you before the winter holidays.
- We want to spell your kid’s name right in the anthology! Please double-check spelling.
- *NEW THIS YEAR* Your registration confirmation will include a link to a form that will ask for more required information about your camper like allergies and grade level. If you could fill this out as soon as possible, we won’t have to bug you as much.
- Are you a current Cabin member looking for access to member pricing? Either log in to your OvationTix account (instruction here) or enter the member code provided in your members-only emails.
- Not currently a member and interested in discounted camps? Learn more about Cabin membership here. Hot tip: when you put your membership in the cart first and then add your camp member pricing will become available to you.
This camp is taught by Tracy Sunderland!
Tracy Sunderland has worked as a professional writer, director, actor and teacher for over 20 years. She’s written several award winning short films; her first feature film script is slated to shoot this fall. Her plays for young audiences, Maggie Lumière and the Ghost Train and Spooky Action at a Distance have played in schools and theaters throughout Idaho and Washington. Along with fellow Cabin writer, Heidi Kraay, Tracy also devised and wrote last summer’s immersive theatre experience through downtown Boise SuperSecretSiteSpecificSomething. She is an Associate Artist at Boise Contemporary Theater and teaches at Boise State University and College of Idaho. She is the recipient of the 2015 Adjunct Faculty of the Year Award at Boise State and the 2015 Idaho Commission on the Arts Fellowship in film-making.