August 5th – 9th
Monday – Friday from 9 – 12 AM
Grades 7 – 9
at The Cabin
801 S Capitol Blvd, Boise
$147 for Cabin members (learn more about Cabin membership here) – $177 everyone else
Draw the comics you’ve always wanted to read
Investigate the powerful potential of connecting words and images as you work to create a graphic novel alive with full characters, a riveting plot, and meaningful design. Explore art excursions to galleries and installations, and read graphic texts with peers and your Cabin teaching-writer to discover how to produce art that shows and tells.
Things to Know When Registering:
- Your camp purchase includes an anthology featuring writing from your camper! This will be mailed to you before the winter holidays.
- We want to spell your kid’s name right in the anthology! Please double-check spelling.
- *NEW THIS YEAR* Your registration confirmation will include a link to a form that will ask for more required information about your camper like allergies and grade level. If you could fill this out as soon as possible, we won’t have to bug you as much.
- Are you a current Cabin member looking for access to member pricing? Either log in to your OvationTix account (instruction here) or enter the member code provided in your members-only emails.
- Not currently a member and interested in discounted camps? Learn more about Cabin membership here. Hot tip: when you put your membership in the cart first and then add your camp member pricing will become available to you.
Catherine Kyle is the author of Shelter in Place (Spuyten Duyvil, 2019), Saint: A Post-Dystopian Hagiography (dancing girl press, 2018), Parallel (Another New Calligraphy, 2017), Flotsam (Etched Press, 2015), Gamer: A Role-Playing Poem (dancing girl press, 2015), and Feral Domesticity (Robocup Press, 2014). Her writing has been honored by the Idaho Commission on the Arts, the Alexa Rose Foundation, and other organizations. She holds a Ph.D. in English from Western Michigan University and is pursuing an MFA in Poetry through New England College’s low-residency program. She teaches creative writing at the College of Western Idaho and through The Cabin. Her website is www.catherinebaileykyle.com.