June 3rd – 7th
Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 12 PM
Grades 5 – 6
at The Idaho Botanical Garden
2355 N Old Penitentiary Rd, Boise, ID 83712
$162 for Cabin members (learn more about Cabin membership here) – $197 everyone else
Creative writing makes nature come alive.
Cultivate your relationship to nature by writing in Boise’s best garden. In this living museum, go on botany walks with Idaho Botanical Garden staff, sharpen your observation skills, and extend your understanding of the natural world while practicing essential tools of poetry and fiction under the guidance of a Cabin teaching-writer.
A collaboration of The Cabin and Idaho Botanical Garden.
Things to Know When Registering:
- Your camp purchase includes an anthology featuring writing from your camper! This will be mailed to you before the winter holidays.
- We want to spell your kid’s name right in the anthology! Please double-check spelling.
- *NEW THIS YEAR* Your registration confirmation will include a link to a form that will ask for more required information about your camper like allergies and grade level. If you could fill this out as soon as possible, we won’t have to bug you as much.
- Are you a current Cabin member looking for access to member pricing? Either log in to your OvationTix account (instruction here) or enter the member code provided in your members-only emails.
- Not currently a member and interested in discounted camps? Learn more about Cabin membership here. Hot tip: when you put your membership in the cart first and then add your camp member pricing will become available to you.
This camp is taught by Colleen Brennan!
Colleen Brennan is a freelance writer, editor, writing coach, and teacher with an MA in linguistics. Her stories appear in Writers in the Attic and A Year in Ink. A native Minnesotan, she has lived and worked in San Diego, Seattle, Boulder, Paris, Bordeaux, and Boise. She is the recipient of a 2018 literary arts grant from the Alexa Rose Foundation.