July 22nd – 26th
Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 12 PM
at Boise Rock School
1404 W Idaho St, Boise, ID 83702
$162 for Cabin members (learn more about Cabin membership here) – $197 everyone else
Let your creative voice rock
Using hooks, rhymes, and words that sing, you’ll begin writing your own songs on the very first day of camp at Boise Rock School. Work with a professional musician from Boise Rock School and a professional poet from The Cabin as you listen to songs, talk about what makes them work, write your own lyrics and be performance-ready by the end of the week. Open to any instrument or ability level. Bring your instrument to camp, if you have one.
A collaboration of The Cabin and Boise Rock School.
Things to Know When Registering:
- Your camp purchase includes an anthology featuring writing from your camper! This will be mailed to you before the winter holidays.
- We want to spell your kid’s name right in the anthology! Please double-check spelling.
- *NEW THIS YEAR* Your registration confirmation will include a link to a form that will ask for more required information about your camper like allergies and grade level. If you could fill this out as soon as possible, we won’t have to bug you as much.
- Are you a current Cabin member looking for access to member pricing? Either log in to your OvationTix account (instruction here) or enter the member code provided in your members-only emails.
- Not currently a member and interested in discounted camps? Learn more about Cabin membership here. Hot tip: when you put your membership in the cart first and then add your camp member pricing will become available to you.
This camp is taught by Christian Winn!
Christian Winn, the 2016-2019 Idaho Writer in Residence, is a fiction writer, poet, journalist, and teacher of creative writing. His fiction has appeared in McSweeney’s, Ploughshares,The Chicago Tribune’s Printers Row Journal, TriQuarterly Hayden’s Ferry Review, Greensboro Review, Chattahoochee Review, Gulf Coast, Bat City Review, Every Day Fiction, The Pinch, Santa Monica Review, Handful of Dust, The Strip, Story Houston, The Masters Review, Revolver, and elsewhere. His short story collections of, NAKED ME and What’s Wrong With You is What’s Wrong With Me are out from Dock Street Press. He teaches fiction and poetry with The Cabin. He has written for The Boise Weekly, Thrive, The Idaho Statesman, and Idaho Magazine. He is the founder of the Writers Write fiction workshop series, co-founder of Storyfort, and curator of Modern Campfire Stories and the Couch Surfer Artist Series.