July 22nd – 26th
Monday – Friday from 1 – 4 PM
at The Cabin
801 S Capitol Blvd, Boise
$147 for Cabin members (learn more about Cabin membership here) – $177 everyone else
Calling all poets!
Explore poetry in this small group workshop dedicated to experimentation in a wide range of forms, from page to performance. Whether you’re into sonnets or slam, our teaching-poet will help you find your voice. You’ll discuss work by contemporary poets, write lots of new work, and participate in constructive critique aimed to help you prepare a small collection of poems worthy of publication.
Things to Know When Registering:
- Your camp purchase includes an anthology featuring writing from your camper! This will be mailed to you before the winter holidays.
- We want to spell your kid’s name right in the anthology! Please double-check spelling.
- *NEW THIS YEAR* Your registration confirmation will include a link to a form that will ask for more required information about your camper like allergies and grade level. If you could fill this out as soon as possible, we won’t have to bug you as much.
- Are you a current Cabin member looking for access to member pricing? Either log in to your OvationTix account (instruction here) or enter the member code provided in your members-only emails.
- Not currently a member and interested in discounted camps? Learn more about Cabin membership here. Hot tip: when you put your membership in the cart first and then add your camp member pricing will become available to you.
Daniel Stewart, a teaching-writer for The Cabin’s Writers in the Schools and Summer Writing Camps since 1999, has authored a collection of poems, The Imaginary World. A variety of print and online publications featured his poems, including Educe, Lonesome Fowl, Puerto Del Sol, Prairie Schooner, Rattle, and Thrush, among others. Recent work appeared in the anthologies REDUCE and Thrush Poetry Journal: an anthology of the first two years, and is forthcoming in the journal Sixfold.