August 5th – 9th
Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 4 PM
Grades 5 – 6
at Zoo Boise
355 Julia Davis Drive, Boise, ID 83702
$162 for Cabin members (learn more about Cabin membership here) – $197 everyone else
Goal for poets: rebuild the emotional bridge to the natural world. —Sandra Alcosser
Form a deeper and more enduring wildlife conservation ethic in this all-day partnership camp from Zoo Boise and The Cabin. Start camp at Zoo Boise each morning for zoo-educator-led, hands-on activities for that will provide an understanding of why animals and their habitats are endangered, as well as how people can work for conservation. After a sack lunch in Julia Davis park, head to The Cabin to work with a teaching-writer to hone your creative writing skills and create a collection of poems and short stories inspired by wildlife.
A collaboration of The Cabin and Zoo Boise.
Things to Know When Registering:
- Your camp purchase includes an anthology featuring writing from your camper! This will be mailed to you before the winter holidays.
- We want to spell your kid’s name right in the anthology! Please double-check spelling.
- *NEW THIS YEAR* Your registration confirmation will include a link to a form that will ask for more required information about your camper like allergies and grade level. If you could fill this out as soon as possible, we won’t have to bug you as much.
- Are you a current Cabin member looking for access to member pricing? Either log in to your OvationTix account (instruction here) or enter the member code provided in your members-only emails.
- Not currently a member and interested in discounted camps? Learn more about Cabin membership here. Hot tip: when you put your membership in the cart first and then add your camp member pricing will become available to you.
This camp is taught by Laura Roghaar!
Laura Roghaar is a poet, educator, and arts administrator. She serves as the Poetry Out Loud coordinator for Idaho and teaches writing at The Cabin. She holds an MFA in poetry from Boise State and her chapbook of poems, SISTERHOUSE, is out from dancing girl press.