June 8th – 12th
Monday – Friday from 1 – 4 PM
Grades 3 – 4
at The Cabin
801 S Capitol Blvd, Boise
$147 for Cabin members (learn more about Cabin membership here) – $177 everyone else
Flex your writing muscles and set your poems and stories in motion.
Engage in play that wakes up all five senses, sparks creativity and encourages new paths to writing imaginative poems and stories. You’ll explore nearby parks, the rose garden, the library, and take a field trip to the zoo for inspiration. During the last half-hour of camp on Friday, family and friends are invited to The Cabin for lemonade and a public reading of student writing.
Things to Know When Registering:
- Your camp purchase includes an anthology featuring writing from your camper! This will be mailed to you before the winter holidays.
- We want to spell your kid’s name right in the anthology! Please double-check spelling.
- *NEW THIS YEAR* Your registration confirmation will include a link to a form that will ask for more required information about your camper like allergies and grade level. If you could fill this out as soon as possible, we won’t have to bug you as much.
- Are you a current Cabin member looking for access to member pricing? Either log in to your OvationTix account (instruction here) or enter the member code provided in your members-only emails.
- Not currently a member and interested in discounted camps? Learn more about Cabin membership here. Hot tip: when you put your membership in the cart first and then add your camp member pricing will become available to you.
This camp is taught by Laura Roghaar!
Laura Roghaar is a poet, educator, and arts administrator. She serves as the Poetry Out Loud coordinator for Idaho and teaches writing at The Cabin. She holds an MFA in poetry from Boise State and her chapbook of poems, SISTERHOUSE, is out from dancing girl press.