August 5th – 9th
Monday – Friday from 9 – 12 PM
Grades 3 – 4
at The Foothills Learning Center
3188 Sunset Peak Rd, Boise, ID 83702
$162 for Cabin members (learn more about Cabin membership here) – $197 everyone else
Creative writing makes science come alive
Explore Boise’s foothills with a pencil and notebook in hand. Together with a Cabin teaching-writer and a naturalist from the Foothills Learning Center, you’ll observe our native environment and translate what you learn into wildly original poetry and stories.
A collaboration of The Cabin and Foothills Learning Center
Things to Know When Registering:
- Your camp purchase includes an anthology featuring writing from your camper! This will be mailed to you before the winter holidays.
- We want to spell your kid’s name right in the anthology! Please double-check spelling.
- *NEW THIS YEAR* Your registration confirmation will include a link to a form that will ask for more required information about your camper like allergies and grade level. If you could fill this out as soon as possible, we won’t have to bug you as much.
- Are you a current Cabin member looking for access to member pricing? Either log in to your OvationTix account (instruction here) or enter the member code provided in your members-only emails.
- Not currently a member and interested in discounted camps? Learn more about Cabin membership here. Hot tip: when you put your membership in the cart first and then add your camp member pricing will become available to you.
This camp is taught by Natalie Disney!
Natalie Disney is a fiction writer entering her second year of MFA candidacy and teaching at Boise State University. She spent the last four years exploring Colorado, where she taught ESL to refugee families, before making her home on this side of the Rockies. Most days, you can find her exploring the foothills behind her house while listening to westerns on audiobook.